Posts Tagged Under Movies
What are you looking forward to in 2010? Join us as we discuss the movies, TV, and games that are coming along for this year. Also, we fill you in on the latest news for the week.Posted in GeekiNtertainment
It’s been a couple weeks now since the trailer surfaced for the new “The Karate Kid” movie starring Will Smith’s son Jaden, and Jackie Chan. What are your opinions on it? The poster and trailer are inside, just keep reading!Posted in Trailers & Posters
By this point, you have no doubt heard that Sam Raimi has pulled out/been removed from the helm of Spider-Man 4. You’ve probably also heard that as a result, Spider-Man 4 has been scrapped in favor of a series reboot. Chances are, you may have even heard the recent news that 500 Days of Summer‘s Marc Webb has been tapped to become the director for the planned first three installments of the reboot. From this news, the question becomes, “Is it time for the series to reboot already?”Posted in Articles, Movie News
Did you enjoy 2009? Listen to our review to see how we felt about the year in movies, television, and video games. Then be sure to post your own opinions. I apologize in advance for the quality of Scott in this episode.Posted in GeekiNtertainment
In a move that’s sure to shake up more than just the comic industry, The Walt Disney Company (owners of ABC, ESPN, and more) have purchase Marvel. Along with the deal, they gain rights to Marvel’s over 5000 strong library of characters.Posted in Comic Book News, Movie News
Don’t get too excited. It looks like “the powers that be” have decided that Buffy needs a new re-launch. So plans are moving forward to do a potentially Joss-less Buffy movie that has no connection to either of the two previous Buffy projects. Keep reading.Posted in Movie News
The new Star Trek is now in theaters. When you’ve watched it, feel free to stop by and give your opinions. Opinions with spoilers should go in the attached forum thread. Keep the comments spoiler free if you can.Posted in Movie Reviews
Understandably, everyone had a lot to say for this episode. The good news is that you get over 3 hours of content out of the episode. The bad news? I guess you’ll be wearing out those pause buttons. This is a packed episode, including discussion on Marvel, DC, The Dark Knight, Hellboy, Vertigo, etc, etc, etc. We literally discuss just about everything. Next week is the Television Report Card episode where we plan to discuss the television industry and their recent efforts to make the networks geek-friendly.Posted in GeekiNtertainment
The Golden Compass is a series of three novels that I had never heard of until I watched the Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World’s End, and saw the trailer for the movie. At that point, I was so intrigued in the beautiful world that was displayed, that I had to immediately by and read the novels. I am now partway through the third novel, and I was eagerly anticipating the movies.
Now, don’t get me wrong. I am not the biggest fan of the novels. While I believe the story is a classic and very gripping, the author’s writing style has annoyed me from the very beginning. So with the movies, I anticipated a wonderful movie centering around the engaging story with none of the problems I had from the novels.
I can now say that without a doubt, that I have forgotten about all the problems of the books. I found a beautiful world with interesting characters, and even more beautiful locations and scenes. Unfortunately, I also found a whole new slew of new problems. Which experience was more fulfilling? I’m not quite sure that is a simple answer.Posted in Movie Reviews
Comic of the Week
Supergeeks---Your home for all things Geeky. Because it's not enough to be a Geek! You have to be...a SuperGeek!
- ask: Hi there, its nice paragraph regarding media print, we all know media is a impressive source of facts.
- Alvaro: Hello admin, i found this post on 18 spot in google’s search results. I’m sure that your low rankings are caused by hi bounce rate. This is very...
- jason: Simpletons attack ANYTHING they don’t readily understand. Most people should probablyjust avoid this one and stick to something a little better suited for...
- jason: Hello folks, one more opinion won’t hurt anything. Please people stop using the damn word ambitious when critiquing this film. All movies producers hope...
- kindersitz bestenliste: Good web site you have here.. It’s difficult to find excellent writing like yours these days. I honestly appreciate people like you! Take...
- test routeur wifi 2015: Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am inspired! Extremely helpful information particularly the ultimate section :) I...
- Carmon: It’s impressive that you are getting ideas from this piece of writing as well as from our dialogue made at this time.
- Morey: Absolutely first rate and coerbp-pottomed, gentlemen!
- There are no unread comments
WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INNER JOIN ON .ID = .comment_post_ID WHERE comment_date > FROM_UNIXTIME(1426324' at line 1]
SELECT ID, post_title, comment_author, comment_date, comment_date_gmt, comment_id FROM INNER JOIN ON .ID = .comment_post_ID WHERE comment_date > FROM_UNIXTIME(1426324569) AND comment_approved = '1' ORDER BY comment_date DESC