Posts Tagged Under DC
On this week’s GeekiN Extra, Randy and Scott are joined by John Pavlich (Sofadogs, Movie Night) to discuss our January Book of the Month Power Girl: A New Beginnning.Posted in GeekiNtertainment
This week, we take a look at May’s book of the month, “The Flash: Rebirth”. Everything you ever wanted to know about The Flash. In addition, we answer an email about Civil War. Enjoy!Posted in GeekiNtertainment
Hot on the heels of the warmly-received Wonder Woman,DC announced the title and plot of its next animated DVD, set to hit stores after Green Lantern.Posted in Comic Book News, Movie News, Movies
In this issue were back to our old ways and its time to look at DC Comics in the month of January, and there’s a lot to discuss.Posted in True Believers
I was completely UNenthused until I saw the video…after the break.Posted in Comic Book News
In this episode its time to get back to our regularly scheduled programming, that means news and trailers.Posted in Two Geeks
Jimmy Hayward a former Pixar animater and director of the animated feature Horton Hears a Who, has been brought in to director the DC comic adaptation of Jonah Hex.Posted in Comic Book News, Movie News
In this issue its time for another look at the month that was in comics, only this time there’s a bit of a twist. Instead of looking at only one of the major publishers, we discuss the December releases of both Marvel and DC.Posted in True Believers
Comic scribe Mark Millar was recently interviewed on G4. He talked about his current comics work (War Heroes, Kick Ass, etc.) as well as his proposed Superman reboot. He has apparently been in talks at Warner Bros. to actually go forward with it and it sounds like it could be awesome. He describes it as “a big three-picture Superman thing, like a Lord of the Rings epic, starting over from scratch again with a seven-hour Superman story. One to be released each year.”Posted in Movie News
In this episode, we both talk about some movies we had been meaning to see. We discuss Warner Bros’ announcement of darker, broodier DC movies and Scott sets the record straight on the Wonder Woman that would have been. We take the rest of the epsiode to go over some emails that we’ve been neglecting. See you next time with Episode 75!!Posted in Two Geeks
Understandably, everyone had a lot to say for this episode. The good news is that you get over 3 hours of content out of the episode. The bad news? I guess you’ll be wearing out those pause buttons. This is a packed episode, including discussion on Marvel, DC, The Dark Knight, Hellboy, Vertigo, etc, etc, etc. We literally discuss just about everything. Next week is the Television Report Card episode where we plan to discuss the television industry and their recent efforts to make the networks geek-friendly.Posted in GeekiNtertainment
In this episode Scott and Ben record in person! We’re also joined by Geekin’ host Randy McKinney. News involved secret Warner/DC meetings, a possibly abstract Robocop, King Arthur trading in his sword for a gun, and much more. Trailers this week were for Watchmen, The Spirit, Terminator: Salvation, and the new Iron Man cartoon series. Finally we review Hellboy 2: The Golden Army. This episode was apparently having some sort of technical difficulties that couldn’t be helped. There is a constant static buzz from about 5mins in until the end. It only gets really bad twice and luckily they are only in 30-60sec patches. If you can make your way through it, this was a really fun episode. Stay tuned for our Dark Knight review very soon!Posted in Two Geeks
Comic of the Week
Supergeeks---Your home for all things Geeky. Because it's not enough to be a Geek! You have to be...a SuperGeek!
- Steveys Choice: Still making my way through the episode, but on your Dr Who discussion you chat about assuming the 1996 Dr (played by Paul McGann I think) regenerates...
- knightskye: Hindsight…it is probably not an accident that I chose heroes with no inherent super abilities. Their powers come from an external source that they...
- knightskye: I’ll play, DC would be Green Lantern for the sheer freedom of creative expression. The chance for travel is a bonus. Marvel would be Iron Man,...
- kilowog15393: Awesome extra guys!!! so i had a question ” if u could be any dc hero and any marvel hero who would u be and then who would win in a fight?”...
- knightskye: Hey guys, nice show. When I was young back in the late eighties, my family had a roller skating rink that we had converted from a one screen movie theater....
- knightskye: When you were dreading the long gap between Marvel movies you forgot bout Guardians of the Galaxy scheduled for August 1st 2014. Sadly, the fact that you...
- Don: My top five alternate Batman costumes. 5. Batman Beyond 4. Owlman 3. Flashpoint Batman 2. Battle for the Cowl Batman (Jason Todd) 1. Yellow Lantern Batman
- ChronoFett: Hahaha!!! I saw this video a long time ago. I’m right there with you. I support many of my statements in the podcast episode, but Supes has a lot...
- There are no unread comments
WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INNER JOIN ON .ID = .comment_post_ID WHERE comment_date > FROM_UNIXTIME(1386462' at line 1]
SELECT ID, post_title, comment_author, comment_date, comment_date_gmt, comment_id FROM INNER JOIN ON .ID = .comment_post_ID WHERE comment_date > FROM_UNIXTIME(1386462014) AND comment_approved = '1' ORDER BY comment_date DESC