Home » Content » Podcasts » A Couple of Geeks » Subscribe
It’s the dog days of summer, folks. I don’t remember the last time the temperature was below 90 here in New York. It’s all we can do to keep from melting in this heat, so we’ve decided that after the fun we had last week, we’re doing grab-bag shows through Labor Day! Unless something amazing happens that calls for some in-depth Geek analysis, we’re talking about everything and anything – see this week’s grab bag after the jump.Posted in A Couple of Geeks
Hope everyone who had a holiday this weekend had a great one! This week on a Couple of Geeks we talk about how we celebrated – spoiler alert, it was filled with geekiness!Posted in A Couple of Geeks
Here we’ve made it to episode 12! Lots of random discussion this week, as we riff off of last week’s unexpected hot topic of geeky guilty pleasures as well as our geeky comforts – or “binkies” as Billy insists on calling them. Full topic list after the jump.Posted in A Couple of Geeks
It’s something of a sentimental week for your geek couple, as we spend some time looking back at some nostalgic geek media before launching into our topic of the week: recognizing our geek heroes! Keep reading for the full list of topics.Posted in A Couple of Geeks
We’ve made it to the double digits! Who’d have thought we’d make it this far? This week we spend a lot of time geeking out about role playing games and movies, before getting philosophical about defining what is geeky. See the full list after the jump.Posted in A Couple of Geeks
After watching last week’s comments virtually explode with movie talk, and considering the summer blockbuster movie season is fast approaching, we decided to dedicate the whole hour this week to talking about MOVIES. Upcoming movies, older movies, favorites and least favorites, we discuss them all – check out the highlights after the jump.Posted in A Couple of Geeks
This week’s episode is brought to you by generic cold medicine… Yep, right as spring is hitting, Angela gets waylaid with a cold and Billy only slept for two hours the night before we recorded. So we get a little silly as we talk about our theme of Women in Geek Culture, as we close out women’s history month 2011. More below the fold!Posted in A Couple of Geeks
After mentioning them here and there, and dipping our toes in last week with our character talk, we dive in the deep end this week to talk about tabletop roleplaying games – D&D, Vampire and more, games that already exist and settings that we hope to see sometime. For slightly less geeky talk, check out our other topics after the jump.Posted in A Couple of Geeks
After a week-long binge on Dragon Age II, and some awesome tabletop roleplaying over the weekend, we’re back this week to discuss what makes both of these games worth returning to over and over again: great character building. Along with sundry other geek news listed after the jump!Posted in A Couple of Geeks, Podcasts
After a much needed vacation, the geek couple is back and in a blatant ratings grab, spend this week talking about sex – specifically, how it is used in video games and movies in honor of today’s release of Dragon Age II.
Full list of topics after the jump!Posted in A Couple of Geeks, Articles
A short ‘n’ sweet episode this week, as we recorded this the night before we took off for our vacation…which we’re on as you read this. So it’s a little shorter than usual, and we won’t have a podcast up next week, since we get back…pretty much the day we’re supposed to broadcast! We’ll make it up to you next time, folks. In the meantime, here’s the rundown of what we talk about this week:Posted in A Couple of Geeks
Valentine’s Day may have been yesterday, but your resident geek couple is still feeling the love – join us for this week’s discussion of geek love and other assorted geek subjects, listed after the jump:Posted in A Couple of Geeks
Welcome to episode 2 of A Couple of Geeks!Posted in A Couple of Geeks
Geekshow Entertainment proudly presents the newest podcast to our lineup, A Couple of Geeks. Join the married geeky couple, Angela and Billy, as they discuss all of the topics that a healthy geek relationship brings with it.Posted in A Couple of Geeks
Comic of the Week
Supergeeks---Your home for all things Geeky. Because it's not enough to be a Geek! You have to be...a SuperGeek!
- Steveys Choice: Still making my way through the episode, but on your Dr Who discussion you chat about assuming the 1996 Dr (played by Paul McGann I think) regenerates...
- knightskye: Hindsight…it is probably not an accident that I chose heroes with no inherent super abilities. Their powers come from an external source that they...
- knightskye: I’ll play, DC would be Green Lantern for the sheer freedom of creative expression. The chance for travel is a bonus. Marvel would be Iron Man,...
- kilowog15393: Awesome extra guys!!! so i had a question ” if u could be any dc hero and any marvel hero who would u be and then who would win in a fight?”...
- knightskye: Hey guys, nice show. When I was young back in the late eighties, my family had a roller skating rink that we had converted from a one screen movie theater....
- knightskye: When you were dreading the long gap between Marvel movies you forgot bout Guardians of the Galaxy scheduled for August 1st 2014. Sadly, the fact that you...
- Don: My top five alternate Batman costumes. 5. Batman Beyond 4. Owlman 3. Flashpoint Batman 2. Battle for the Cowl Batman (Jason Todd) 1. Yellow Lantern Batman
- ChronoFett: Hahaha!!! I saw this video a long time ago. I’m right there with you. I support many of my statements in the podcast episode, but Supes has a lot...
- There are no unread comments
WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INNER JOIN ON .ID = .comment_post_ID WHERE comment_date > FROM_UNIXTIME(1385520' at line 1]
SELECT ID, post_title, comment_author, comment_date, comment_date_gmt, comment_id FROM INNER JOIN ON .ID = .comment_post_ID WHERE comment_date > FROM_UNIXTIME(1385520934) AND comment_approved = '1' ORDER BY comment_date DESC